“When I set my eyes on you, not gonna be outta my sight.”-The New Basement Tapes
Even though all my Christmas shopping has been done for about two weeks, I wanted to share some of my favorite ideas for gifts, just in case y’all needed a little inspiration.
For the runners:
- Salomon Handfree Bottle-I may or may not have to get one of these for myself, considering I’m going to be marathon training in the middle of summer.
- The Runner’s World Cookbook-I run because I love to eat and I know I’m not the only one. So what better way to fuel a runner than with recipes that are yummy and make us run our best?
- Pacebands-Who doesn’t want to make every run a PR? These sweet little bands help remind ya of the pace you should be running to meet your goal. I may need to snag one of these before my BQ race!
For the drinkers:
- Mason Cocktail Kit-I love cocktails. I love Mason Jars. I love cocktails, in Mason Jars. I swear they just taste better. Urban Outfitters has made my life with this handy little kit.
- The Chillsner/Corkcicle-Need I really say more? Keep the wine and beers chilled, without watering it down. Praise the Lord.
- Work Hard, Live Well Mason Jar Mug-I really don’t know what I like most about this but there is someone on my Christmas list who will be getting this.
For the fashionistas:
- Camp Brand Crewneck- Winter time is the perfect time to wear this hoodie over tights and boots. What’s better than wearing your bf’s hoodie when it’s snowing?
- Hudson Wool Scarf-I want nothing more than to curl up all day with this scarf. Who cares if it’s made for guys? Ladies, snag one now.
- Tom’s-Sorta kinda obsessed with this pattern and I mean, the whole One for One thing doesn’t hurt much either. Tis the season for giving
I hope this gives everyone a little holiday gift motivation. Happy hump day!
“Hope that you spend your days, but they all add up, and when that sun goes down, hope you raise your cup.”-OneRepublic
Good morning loves! It’s a cloudy and chilly Monday here in the Always Sunny, and after that Eagles loss last night (and no free Dunkin this morning), I’m dragging. BUT, it’s a new week and I have lots to look forward to this week. I have a Christmas party tonight, my annual Ugly Sweater Shindig on Friday, and then a weekend in NYC all planned! I’m going to need to make sure to get my beauty rest.
As usual, the weekend went too fast. I ended up skipping out on Running of the Santas, and spent most of Saturday resting up. On Saturday night, I made everyone homemade pizza then we wined up for a little night out. Sunday was spent cuddled up on the couch, watching Christmas movies. Tis the season!
Since I’m working from home today, I’m getting my long run out-of-the-way tonight, and spending the rest of the week focused on getting my short run times down. Training has been going well, even with all the holiday goodies I’ve been munching on :)
“‘Come and see how the wind in your hair will feel differently.”-Silversun Pickups
Happy Friday loves! This week was just as, if not more, crazy as last week and I’m in need of a nap already. Even though my Saturday morning will be filled with a trip to Baltimore for a doctor’s appointment, I’ll be making it back in time for Running of the Santas. I’m beyond pumped to get decked out in Santa gear and celebrate with my loves! We’re less than two weeks away until Christmas and I’m growing more
and more giddy with holiday cheer!
Since I had a rest day early in the week, I had to dip out of our work Christmas party to squeeze a run in. Here’s what my training looked like this week:
- Monday: Rest
- Tuesday: 6-mile run
- Wednesday: 3-mile run+lower body circuits
- Thursday: 30-minute tempo run (3.65 miles)+upper body circuits
- Friday: 3-mile run+abs
- Saturday: 3×400 hill repeats (2.6 miles)
- Sunday: 3-mile run+upper body circuits
Cheers to the weekend :)
Stop everything you’re doing and listen to Sam Smith sing my most favorite Christmas song. I’m not even ashamed to say that I’ve listened to this/bawled my eyes out for hours on end. His voice is that of an angel and I will forever love him more because of this video. Happy hump day!
“I’m gonna love right now and if tomorrow never comes, I’m gonna stay forever young.”-David Guetta
Happy Friday loves! It’s been a long week, filled with lots of sneezing, coughing, and nose-blowing. Even though I’ve been fighting a nasty cold, my running has been absolutely awesome. Who woulda thought: I can barely breathe when sitting, but have been crushing my runs. Weird. Here’s what my training log looks like from this week:
My weekend plans are still up on the air. I may be taking a day trip to NYC on Sunday to visit Alyssa and do all things Christmas. Visit the tree, drink hot choco, and lots of shopping. Cheers to the weekend! Xoxo :)
“‘Cause we’re young and we’re reckless, we’ll take this way too far.”-Taylor Swift
Oh hey there December. When the heck did that happen? I swear life has been happening way too fast lately and it really needs to slow down. I’m still stuffed from Thanksgiving and can’t even begin to wrap my head around Christmas being here in a few weeks. My December weekends are stuffed to the brim with holiday festivities and I can’t wait to take you all along for the ride!
This weekend was absolutely wonderful. Friday night was spent relaxing with some wine and my sister. Nothing like a few glasses of red, popcorn, and some chick flicks. On Saturday, I woke up and did some hill repeats in University City, then spent the day decorating for Christmas. Next comes baking all the cookies. Lordy, I can’t wait. On Saturday night, me and my loves celebrated Matty’s birthday out in Manayunk. It’s been about a minute since I went out there and we had a blast.
I’ve got Christmas excitement coming out of my eyeballs and even though this song has nothing to do with the holidays, it’s been on repeat for weeks. I feel like Tay Tay is a touchy subject, as most people either love her or hate her. Well, I’m here to admit that I absolutely love her. Her new album is far from what made me first fall in love with her, but it’s amazing nonetheless. If you haven’t, watch the video below and giggle at the inner crazy that we all know exists somewhere inside of us all :)
“I’ve told a million lies, but now I tell a single truth: there’s you in everything I do.”-Imagine Dragons
Hey there loves! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We bundled up, pies in tow, and headed to New Jersey for feasting festivities at my aunt’s house. I spent the afternoon chasing around my two-year old cousin and listening to my uncle talk about the perfect man he’s going to help me find (Jesus take the wheel). We got a little bit of holiday snow here in Philadelphia and it made Turkey Day all that more magical. Not to mention the Eagles dominated the Cowboys. I don’t think I could have asked for a more perfect day to be thankful for.
It was a struggle to get me out of bed this morning for my 6-miler. Wind chill aside though, once I got out there it felt good to burn off all those carbs from yesterday. And with a view like that, how could you not stay motivated. I am truly thankful that I’m able to run. Not everyone has that ability and I am thankful every day that I don’t take it for granted. Here is what my first week of marathon training looked like:
- Monday: 3-mile run+abs
- Tuesday: 30 minute tempo run (3.66 miles)
- Wednesday: 3-mile run+upper body weights
- Thursday: 5k Turkey Trot
- Friday: 6-mile run
- Saturday: 3×400 hill repeats (3.6 miles total)
- Sunday: Rest
I’ve got a pretty fun weekend ahead of me. Happy hour with the girls tonight, and then birthday celebrations in Manayunk on Saturday! Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend! Talk to you Monday! Xoxox :)