“I’ll be the sun, you be the shining. You be the clock, I’ll be the timing.”-Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros
Yo, Friday. I’m so glad to see you. As fun as this week has been, I couldn’t be more excited for the next two days. My beau is graduating on Saturday, so some serious celebrations are in order. Not that I haven’t been celebrating since the night we met but you only graduate once, right?! Tonight and tomorrow will be spent pretending that I’m 21 again and just entering the real world.
On Monday, I picked up my first weight since before Broad Street. I cut back heavily on weights when I start to taper. Can I just say that my thighs and hips are still killing me from Wednesday’s workout? I wanted to do something new and when I came across this article again, I decided to try some of them out.
- Band Torso Rotation-I already do a similar version of this, so this was nothing new
- Renegade Rows-I haven’t done these in so long, so you can only imagine how loud my shoulders were screaming
- Pushups-my least favorite move….ever. I suffered through a few sets before calling it quits (sorry guys)
- Dumbbell Overhead Press & Lat Pulldowns-These have always been a staple, so I decided to up my weight with these for more of a challenge
- Dumbbell Thrusters-For some reason, I believe these are the reason my thighs hurt. It’s pretty much working two muscles groups with one move. I’m a fan.
I’m slowly putting together a new workout/training plan. I don’t wanna waste all the work I put in to get me this far, so I’m going to keep pushing myself to be faster and stronger. With summer right around the corner, I have a little extra motivation to get back into my double days.
Well, cheers to the weekend my loves. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. Talk to yas on Monday!