“The seas were getting rough but I thought we were worth it. Worth the try, worth the fight, shows you what I know.”-Hunter Hayes
Happy Friday lovebugs! And happy 25th birthday to my sister from another mister, Katie. She’s been my best friend since we were 11, and even though we live hours apart, we couldn’t be more connected in the heart. We’ve been through every heart ache and hair color imaginable together and I would have no idea what I would do without her in my life. I love you, to infinity and beyond!
Since today marks a week until the beginning of my birthday beach week extravaganza, I thought it would be fun to theme the blog all things 25 until then! I’ve got all my posts planned out and I have to say, I’m super excited for the next week of blogging. I think it will be fun to reflect on not just the last year of my life, but the past quarter century. Good grief, Charlie Brown. I feel the gray hairs growing in already.
So to kick it off…here we go. 25 things you may not know about me:
1. It took me 18 years to realize that my mom was 3 months pregnant with me when her & my dad got married. To this day it still baffles me that it took so long.
2. I am the oldest, but wish I wasn’t. I’ve always wanted an older brother, which is probably why I’m the sporty, far less girly one out of me and my sister.
3. I have an irrational fear of driving over bridges, but can run them with ease.
4. I’m also terrified to give blood (fearing that something will go wrong & I’ll bleed out/die), which I always feel super guilty about when I see my friends donating to the Red Cross.
5. My favorite band is Third Eye Blind. I’ve seen them live 13 times, once 4 times in a week.
6. I love baking cupcakes for the sole purpose of decorating them.
7. I used to want four kids, but now can barely seeing myself having one.
8. I am an optimist & can usually see the positive in every situation. Except when I’m hungry.
9. Drinking outside, with good music & great company, is one of my favorite things to do…ever (you probably could have guessed that one).
10. I kind of hate hashtags.
11. I lose sleep at night over the number of unread/unanswered messages I have. I can not go to sleep until all those push notifications are cleared.
12. I will take a dive bar over a club any night of the
13. Brunch is my favorite meal.
14. I’m a huge perfectionist & wildly obsessive compulsive, yet extremely forgetful unless I make a list. Those lists usually create as much anxiety as they relive, so my normal state of being is a ball of nerves.
15. I can quote The Great Gatsby from start to finish, mostly because I’ve read the book up to 5 times a year, since my junior year of high school.
16. One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone is making noises with their mouth. Whether it’s with food or ice or a mint, I literally can’t. I have to leave the room.
17. I used to hate running. I ran my very first race in 7th grade, had a great time, but didn’t put on running shoes again until I was in college. Now, I practically sleep in them.
18. I am a Gemini to the core. One side of me is a carefree, party girl, wild child. The other side is a health freak, fitness junkie, OCD, alpha dog. My greatest fear in life is that I’ll never know which one is truly me. Thank you Thought Catalog for describing me so accurately.
19. I love going to concerts. I would go every weekend over & over again, doesn’t matter the genre.
20. I took four years of design/art classes in both high school & college. I like things to match & look pretty, which may give the impression that I have it all together. I totally do not.
21. The beach holds a special place in my heart. There’s nothing like the sounds of the ocean or the feeling of sand beneath your feet. Or drinking cocktails at a beach bar.
22. I love giving presents and throwing parties. Don’t ask why. Themed presents/parties make my heart all kinds of happy.
23. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Until Memorial Day rolls around, then MDW is my favorite.
24. I actually gag if I drink unflavored coffee. It either has to be flavored (Dunkin’ Hazelnut is my jam) or some kind of espresso creation.
25. I have a list of places I’d like live before settling down. Come February, I’ll be checking off my first place 🙂